Saturday 14th September 2019 10:00 – 16:00
Drake House, 44 St Georges Road, London SW19 4ED
Workshop cost: £125 + booking fee / 20% discount + booking fee for Wimbledon Guild counsellors ONLY you must purchase your ticket via your Wimbledon Guild email address /20% discount for trainee counsellors*/ Limited Early-bird discount of 15% + booking fee available until 14th June 2019 or until sold out.
Embarking on working in private practice for any therapist can be challenging but particularly for one towards the beginning of their career. This one day workshop seeks to share recent experience of establishing a private practice. It will cover some of the highlights, learnt lessons and pitfalls as well as providing support and practical advice to manage this transition.
Topics covered will include:
- Readiness – are you equipped (both personally and clinically) to work privately. What level of experience is needed?
- Pros and Cons of Private Practice
- Getting support – how to find professional supervision and therapy.
- Managing the “Analytic Superego’ – holding in mind the ‘Good enough’ therapist
- Identity – how do we develop a clinical and professional identity?
- Finding suitable rooms
- Getting clients – referrals, website, advertising etc
- Finances – how much to charge, how to bill etc
- Finances – expenses, taxes etc
- Contracting with clients – brief overview of assessment concerns , registration and contracts.
- Note Keeping
- Clinical Risk (Who can you see in Private Practice, importance of assessments, referral to psychiatrists, GPs etc
- Professional Registration
- When things go wrong
- Self Care
Jacqueline Glynn is a BACP accredited and BPC registered psychodynamic counsellor and psychotherapist, working in private practice in the City and in North London. Jacqueline completed a Certificate in Counselling in 2011 and later the MSc in 2014.
Jacqueline worked as an Honorary Psychotherapist within the NHS at Parkside Clinic both for individuals and co-facilitating a long-term therapy group. She also worked as an Associate Student Counsellor at Kings College London’s Unversity Counselling Service.
Jacqueline is also a partner at "Healthy Minds at Work” a consultancy that supports organisations with their staff wellbeing and development, bringing together expertise from the world of business consulting, organisational development, group dynamics, coaching and individual psychotherapy.
* CONDITIONS OF BOOKING YOUR DISCOUNTED TICKET :
WHEN BOOKING YOUR DISCOUNTED TRAINEE RATE YOU WILL
NEED TO BRING TO YOUR CPD EVENT EITHER:
YOUR STUDENT ID CARD
YOUR BACP STUDENT MEMBERSHIP CARD
AN EMAIL FROM YOUR INSTITUTION TO CONFIRM YOUR ENROLMENT IN YOUR COURSE.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE SUCH
DOCUMENTATION AT THE EVENT THIS COULD PREVENT YOU OBTAINING FUTURE TRAINEE DISCOUNT TICKETS WITH WIMBLEDON GUILD COUNSELLING TRAINING