Saturday 16th November 2019 10:00 – 16:00
Drake House, 44 St Georges Road, London SW19 4ED
Workshop cost: £125 + booking fee / 20% discount + booking fee for Wimbledon Guild counsellors ONLY you must purchase your ticket via your Wimbledon Guild email address / 20% discount for trainee counsellors*/ Limited Early-bird discount of 15% + booking fee available until 16th August 2019 or until sold out.
- How much is it useful/ necessary to be talking about sex in therapy?
- How might our own histories be impacting on how we approach or avoid this subject in the consulting room?
- Might we risk inflaming an erotic transference?
- How is this different for male and female therapists? For gay or straight therapists?
- How do we help clients think about desire and disappointment, or think about their sexual development and identity?
Our trainings do not always prepare us well to think with clients about the physicality of sex. We may feel that we should be cool about sex but often we feel the opposite. In this workshop I aim for us to create a safe environment for reflection and curiosity – about the work and about ourselves.
Anne Power has qualifications from The Bowlby Centre, Westminster Pastoral Foundation, Tavistock Relationships and Relate. She has taught on supervision and therapy trainings at The Bowlby Centre, WPF and at Regents University London and has a private practice in central London for both couples and individuals.
Her book, Forced Endings in Psychotherapy, explores the process of closing a practice for retirement or other reasons. Her published papers explore attachment meaning in the consulting room and in the supervision relationship. She is currently researching and writing about logic versus magic in partner choice: random romance, arranged marriage, and dating sites – what’s the difference?
* CONDITIONS OF BOOKING YOUR DISCOUNTED TICKET :
WHEN BOOKING YOUR DISCOUNTED TRAINEE RATE YOU WILL
NEED TO BRING TO YOUR CPD EVENT EITHER:
YOUR STUDENT ID CARD
YOUR BACP STUDENT MEMBERSHIP CARD
AN EMAIL FROM YOUR INSTITUTION TO CONFIRM YOUR ENROLMENT IN YOUR COURSE.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE SUCH
DOCUMENTATION AT THE EVENT THIS COULD PREVENT YOU OBTAINING FUTURE TRAINEE DISCOUNT TICKETS WITH WIMBLEDON GUILD COUNSELLING TRAINING